Chosen Events Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Chosen Events Ltd, Kemp House, 152 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You may give us information about you, by filling in forms on our website www.chosenevents.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, meeting our sales team, via our social media channels or otherwise.
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Your Name, Age and Gender
- Your contact details: postal address including billing address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Your company name and job role
- Your potential event details including event date, venue and any other relevant information
- Your marketing and communication preferences
This list is not exhaustive, and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data from you to enable us to enter into a contract of engagement with you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU
We use information held about you for the following purposes, and our lawful bases for processing your data are provided in bold below:
- Responding to your initial enquiry – consent/anticipation of contract
- Communicating with you to see if we can be of further assistance – anticipation of contract / legitimate interest
- Raising your booking contract – contract
- Issuing invoices for payment – contract
- Communicating with you to plan your event – contract
- Contacting you on the event day itself – contract
- Requesting feedback after your event – legitimate interest
If you have opted into our mailing list, we will use the information provided by you to occasionally email you information deemed relevant to you on the services we offer, news, updates and competitions – consent.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Chosen Events Ltd complies with its obligations where your personal data is concerned by keeping it up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data we hold.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our security measures include encryption of data and security controls that protect our systems from external attack and unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected partners including:
- Venues, suppliers and subcontractors in relation to an enquiry you have made with us, or for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
- Cookies are text files which our website, like most sites, places on your computer when you visit. For further information about cookies, visit aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- When you visit www.chosenevents.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- As part of the registration process for you to receive newsletters and services updates from us, we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about the services you have asked us to keep you informed about, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to check our records are correct and to occasionally check that you are happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our marketing and news/updates. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our mailings. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- For data processing for the purposes of enquiries, we will keep your personal data for a period of no more than 60 days beyond the proposed event date.
- For data processing for the purposes of contracted events, we will keep your personal data for as long as is required for legal reasons and to maintain records.
- For data processing for marketing purposes, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe from our email communications or you withdraw your consent.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold about you at any time. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office about our processing of your data, details on the process for which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint
Please send written requests to Chosen Events Ltd.
This policy was last updated on 1st June 2018
Chosen Events Ltd
152 City Road
Telephone: (0)20 3633 3647